Get auto insurance online Here.
Factors that impact your Get auto insurance online
Whether you’re getting car insurance for the first time or you’re looking to renew, a lot of factors have an impact on your car insurance rates, from the type of car you have to your driving record.
Some of the factors that insurers use to determine your insurance premium includes:
Your vehicle type
Insurance companies have different rates for different car makes and models. A few things the insurance company looks at when determining your rate are the chances of your car being stolen or damaged in an accident. Certain vehicles have a higher risk of being stolen than others. According to the Insurance Bureau of Canada, the vehicles attracting thieves most often are Ford pickup trucks.
Insurance companies also look at how much it would cost to repair your car if you get into an accident. Generally speaking, rates tend to be higher for newer cars and sports cars, but safety and driver-assisted features may help lower your premium.
If you’re curious about how your car measures up, find out which makes and models are the cheapest to insure.
Most drivers can expect to see their car insurance rates decrease for the first time when they reach the age of 25. Up until this point, young drivers, especially young male drivers, are considered high-risk due to the increased likelihood of getting into an accident and having to file a claim. As you build a safe driving record and insurance history, both may result in a cheaper car insurance premium over time.
As you get older, car insurance typically gets cheaper again when you hit 50 years old. By this age, you have an established driving record, insurance history, and are considered to be a lower risk.
But when you hit your mid-50s and older, you might see your car insurance increase. Find out how you can save some money with affordable seniors insurance.
When you buy insurance, we like to think you’re buying a promise. A promise that when things go wrong, we’ll be there to get it sorted. We like to go above and beyond to make sure you’re ok. That’s why when Nicky experienced aggressive behavior from the other person involved in her accident, we took over communication and made her feel safe again.
Check out Nicky’s claim story to find out how we helped her after her car accident.
Well, that depends on a few things. We look at several key factors when calculating your auto insurance premium (and so do other insurance companies):
- Your car make, model, and year are taken into consideration when quoting you a price. The kind of car you have determines its value, safety features, and how much it would cost to repair damages.
- How you drive your car in addition to the number of kilometers you drive every year, including daily commute and business use.
- Your driving record, which includes things like the number of years you’ve all been licensed for, speeding tickets, and accidents.
- The area in which you live affects premiums – whether it’s Toronto, Mississauga, or Bolton.
- The coverage and add-ons you choose might cost more but can provide you with additional benefits that could save you money in the event of an accident.
- We offer ways to save with preferred rates for professionals and alumni being one of the ways. Check out the section below for more information on how to save on your insurance.